Add reactivity to your training program with the PT Colt Popper reactive steel target from Action Target.
The PT Colt Popper is a classic steel target design created decades ago by firearms instructor John Pepper for more effective law enforcement training and competition. Currently in use by USPSA, IPSC, NRA, and law enforcement competitions (as well as training curricula) throughout the world, this target is one of the most popular reactive targets on the market. The instant feedback from the clanging of the steel and the reactive motion of the target plate reinforces accurate shooting and builds muscle memory for correct form. It also instills in law enforcement trainees the need to fully neutralize a threat rather than thinking that one shot will always be sufficient.
The PT Colt Popper is designed to fall backward after being hit with the necessary force and is easily adjustable using a bolt in the base to control the pitch of the target plate for multiple required hits or ammunition power compensation. The target can also be adjusted to allow for a forward falling motion using the PT Pepper Popper Forward Falling Attachment.
The target plate can be reversed for even wear and tear on both sides to extend the life of the target and protect your investment. (NOTE: This is a preventative measure only. Never reverse a target that is already bowed or damaged in any way.)Specifications:
- Weight: 36 lbs.
- Height: 28"
- Base: 13" x 28"
- Center mass: 12" diameter
- 3/8" AR500 steel: designed for standard handgun rounds and lead buck or bird shot at 10+ yards*
- 3/8" AR550 steel: designed for standard rifle rounds with less than 3,000 fps muzzle velocity at 100+ yards*Available Add-On Kits:
- PT Pepper Popper Rubber Bumper
- PT Pepper Popper Rubber Feet Attachment
- PT Pepper Popper Forward Falling Attachment*Please refer to the Steel Target Safety Rules before shooting on any steel target, and learn more about steel hardness and target design by reading The Science Behind Steel Targets.